Fresh, Natural Aquaponic Produce Grown In Cincinnati, OH.
We are going through some Changes, Please be Patient!
What is Aquaponics?
Aquaponics is the combination of aquaculture (raising fish) and hydroponics (using water to grow plants). When these two methods are combined, a small man-made ecosystem is created which allows for optimum conditions for both fish and plants!
Fish produce ammonia waste through respiration and feeding. This waste is converted to nitrogen though beneficial micro-organisms which can then be taken up through the plants roots for growth. A simple process yields extraordinary results!
Why Would You Do That?
Aquaponic produce can be grown with no soil and minimum inputs. This produce grows faster than their soil-bound cousins and can be planted at higher densities. This process is all natural by design, and nothing can be used which would harm our fish!
There are five foundational principles that center our efforts:
- 1) Building healthy communities through better food and work options.
- 2) Growing produce locally.
- 3) Growing produce in the most sustainable manner possible.
- 4) Developing a standard production design that can be replicated in other urban neighborhoods.
- 5) Educating local communities about better life choices.